My sister showed this video to me the other day.
Its quite a meaningful clip actually.
About Alzheimer's Disease.
One agonizing disease if you ask me.
Though, I don't think that you would feel that it's a
big deal or feel sad unless you experienced it yourself.
(hopefully not)
Actually, I never thought that I would
have the courage to talk about this.
My grandma..um..pass away due to Dementia last year.
It was on the eve of my A-Levels examination.
Chemistry paper was on the next day.
Sigh..
Anyhow, here is how Dementia progresses.
First, the patient will suffer from short term memory loss.
They still remember what happened ages ago..
..just don't remember what happened recently.
Then, they start imagining things like someone
want to hurt them or steal something from them.
Later, they look at the mirror and start talking to themselves.
You might think it is funny but its seriously NOT.
After that, they start to forget the ones they know.
Just like in the video.
Darn, I miss my grandma so so much.

Then, they start to lose control of their...erm...well..
body function I guess, like
- Muscle coordination (Ataxia)
- Involuntary movement like jerking
- Unable to speak properly
- Cant walk
Later, their muscle start to atrophy.
Thus, looking like skeleton with skin and hair..
but hey..the disease doesn't just ends there..
..it gets worse !!
- Cant pass motion
- Lose their eye sight
- Cant eat or drink
- Bruises easily
- Skin peals
and eventually they die because they cant
control their breathing no more.
My grandma,
she suffered for 12 years before she passed away last year.
12 freaking YEARS !!
No one should ever deserve this.
But I'm glad you know,
she's gone to a better place now.

So, please..please..please..
appreciate your love ones before its too late.
About Alzheimer's Disease.
One agonizing disease if you ask me.
Though, I don't think that you would feel that it's a
big deal or feel sad unless you experienced it yourself.
(hopefully not)
Actually, I never thought that I would
have the courage to talk about this.
My grandma..um..pass away due to Dementia last year.
It was on the eve of my A-Levels examination.
Chemistry paper was on the next day.
Sigh..
Anyhow, here is how Dementia progresses.
First, the patient will suffer from short term memory loss.
They still remember what happened ages ago..
..just don't remember what happened recently.
Then, they start imagining things like someone
want to hurt them or steal something from them.
Later, they look at the mirror and start talking to themselves.
You might think it is funny but its seriously NOT.
After that, they start to forget the ones they know.
Just like in the video.
Darn, I miss my grandma so so much.

Then, they start to lose control of their...erm...well..
body function I guess, like
- Muscle coordination (Ataxia)
- Involuntary movement like jerking
- Unable to speak properly
- Cant walk
Later, their muscle start to atrophy.
Thus, looking like skeleton with skin and hair..
but hey..the disease doesn't just ends there..
..it gets worse !!
- Cant pass motion
- Lose their eye sight
- Cant eat or drink
- Bruises easily
- Skin peals
and eventually they die because they cant
control their breathing no more.
My grandma,
she suffered for 12 years before she passed away last year.
12 freaking YEARS !!
No one should ever deserve this.
But I'm glad you know,
she's gone to a better place now.

So, please..please..please..
appreciate your love ones before its too late.




0 comments:
Post a Comment